I replaced H7 r2 with an OV5640 and is not recognised

I click connect and → No openMV Cams found
I go through the procedure to reset the cam (I connect the two ports via a cable) and I finally get the message

DFU bootloader reset failed

"C:/Program Files/OpenMV IDE/share/qtcreator/dfu-util/windows/dfu-util.exe -w -d ,0483:df11 -a 0 -s :leave -D C:\Users\user01\AppData\Roaming\OpenMV\openmvide\firmware\OPENMV4\bootloader.dfu

dfu-util 0.10-dev

Copyright 2005-2009 Weston Schmidt, Harald Welte and OpenMoko Inc.
Copyright 2010-2021 Tormod Volden and Stefan Schmidt
This program is Free Software and has ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
Please report bugs to dfu-util / Tickets

Waiting for device, exit with ctrl-C"

I am stuck

Hi, does it work with the original camera? You shouldn’t have had to reset the firmware to change cameras.

Yeah it was working fine. I just changed the camera module, nothing else. Now after all this fiddling I don’t know what to do. I just see the blue camera led blinking twice when it is connected.

That means the system is working…

The blue LED blinking means its running a micropython script. So, I’d check your USB cable. Hopefully, the USB connector on the board is not broken. On the H7 Plus, we have ESD protection on the USB connector… so, it shouldn’t be that.

Well believe it (or not), the USB cable was the problem. I replaced the cable and all worked fine. Thanks !

May I ask the following two quick questions on the use on the the OV5640 on the H7 r2 ?

1. After experimentation I noticed that the max resolution I can go is the WQXGA (2560x1600). Is it possible in any way (I do not know if by adding a memory card could help) to go to the highest WQXGA2 (2592x1944) ?

2. Just a confirmation. It is not possible to add a lens on top of the OV5640 Module is it ? If I can how can I do it ?

Regards

Hi,

1. There’s no way to receive an image that large with the H7 R2 unless in JPEG mode. What’s the error you are getting? There shouldn’t be a limit except for internal line buffer size.

2. The FPC module isn’t meant for a separate lens. However, you can have the camera looking into a lens if you set it up too… I can’t comment on how to do this.