Erase gets me a timeout error

I am using an OpenMV M7.

When trying to connect it to the IDE, I get an error saying “No OpenMV cams found” but it is found and recoqnized when I connect it to the PC. The on-board led is blinking green.

When replying yes to the “bricked”-question and then to the erase question, the erasing starts, but after a short while, it times out, with an error message stating the simple “timeout error”. I chose the model M7 in the dropdown and it says M7 on the back of the board.

How do I get a working connection with the device from the IDE? Does this mean my board is toast?

Hi, your camera is fine. The latest IDE has some problems working on everyone’s PC. Can you installed the previous release of OpenMV IDE? This should be able to flash your board.

Hi, I have a Cam M4 V2 and I’m getting the same “timeout error” problem that mart had. The download section of the OpenMV website only seems to offer the current IDE version: OpenMV IDE v3.0.3. How do I get a previous version which can unbrick my camera?

Hi, mmm… I fixed that error on the latest IDE. I made it less aggressive (on windows/mac - it still runs at the fastest speed on linux). Weird it’s still happening. I wish I could get a nice USB debug trace on this as I can’t reproduce the issue.

Here’s the version without the faster bootloader code: Release OpenMV IDE Release · openmv/openmv-ide · GitHub

Thanks for the speedy answer. In fact I had just found your previous releases on github, so I answered my own question. I have just installed V2.9.2 and this time when ‘unbricking’, I can indeed erase and upgrade firmware on the camera and get a pop-up window saying “Firmware Upgrade complete”. The snag is though that the camera LED stays flashing green even after a 5 minute wait and no internal flash drive gets mounted.

Hi. Can you try reloading the firmware? The bootloader is still on the camera so the board is not bricked. It should jump to the main application.