I think it could be very helpful if there was a page in the documentation dedicated to physical connections. I know that we have the pinout diagram in the quick reference, and there are links to the schematic and datasheets for the components – which in theory is enough to figure out connections – but in practice it would be much more user-friendly to have the most relevant information explicitly stated right there.
I’m talking about things such as:
- the voltage range for powering the board,
- the current consumption (at least approximate),
- the maximum current on the 3.3V out pin,
- which pins are 5V-tolerant,
- the voltage range of the ADC,
- which pins are used by which shields,
- mention that there are no pullups on the I2C lines,
- no reverse voltage protection,
- maximum current on the GPIO pins,
- perhaps (if you have time) some examples of wiring the board to different devices over serial, I2C, SPI, etc.
I think that this could help a lot, and maybe even prevent some fried boards!