Send data to database/site

Hi.

I’m using an OpenMV cam h7 r2 for a person in/out counter project, the system was trained with edge impulse and it kinda works but now I want to send some data (for example the variable counter “person_in” or a piece of information inside the serial terminal ) from my OpenMW IDE to a local database.
My objective is to show trough a site how many people got in/out from the building.
Any tips for this? I was thinking to send the data from the OpenMW IDE to another python script, and then from there I can send my data with the MySQL library, but I don’t know if it’s the right way.
My OpenMW cam is connected trough USB, I don’t have the wi-fi module.
Thanks.

You just save the script to the camera and then print when something happens.

You can open the camera serial port on the PC and see print data output with a low amount of effort.

You just save the script to the camera and then print when something happens.

This part is already done, the script is loaded inside the cam and in the serial terminal I print the variables “person_in” and “person_out”.

You can open the camera serial port on the PC and see print data output with a low amount of effort.

Sorry but just to be clear you mean reading directly the serial monitor with another script outside the OpenMW IDE?
In the mean time I’ve found the WebServerAPI wich maybe it’s what I need, I’ll try with that too.

When the IDE is connected it hogs the serial port, so, no. Just the IDE when the camera is connected to the IDE.

So this is possible trough some functions available in the OpenMW IDE? Or I need to use a module like pyserial?

Just finish your program and then write it to the board and then you can use it without OpenMV IDE.

Ok, so I load my program into the board and execute it without the OpenMW IDE and read the serial with another program.
I know how to load the firmware of my solution and execute the program but how can I do it without the IDE?

Read the docs please: The MicroPython Interactive Interpreter Mode (aka REPL) — MicroPython 1.19 documentation

Ok perfect, this is what I was looking for, thank you for your help.