LCD Display Driver Issue: "AttributeError" when using attribute 'QVGA'

I recently upgraded to the latest OpenMV IDE and firmware for my H7 Plus (as of the date of this post). I am now receiving the following error when attempting to run a program that is verified functional with the 2.6.8 IDE & its bundled H7+ firmware:

AttributeError: ‘module’ object has no attribute ‘QVGA’

The line:

lcd.init(type=lcd.LCD_SHIELD, width=320, height=240,framesize=lcd.QVGA,refresh=60, triple_buffer=False, bgr=False)*

…is highlighted as being problematic with the new firmware. I looked over the LCD driver docs and the example templates and I really don’t see a change since I last looked at this, but clearly something is different.

FYI: I am using the code here, when I was developing the driver (last post where I finished the driver):

Can no longer drive ST7789V SPI TFT w/ firmware 3.8.0 (works for <= 3.6.7) - OpenMV Products - OpenMV Forums

Thanks for any guidance…

You don’t need framesize=lcd.QVGA anymore as far as I can see from the code.

That’s for driving an external HDMI display as mentioned in the docs. It doesn’t have anything to do with the LCD code.

Given that, the strings are missing in the firmware for boards that can’t drive an external display. Only the Pure Thermal and Portenta will be able to do this.

Thanks for the clarification, I’ve modified my program accordingly and the error is no longer present. I really appreciate the help!