I had the board set up yesterday and it was working properly, now I keep getting this error
I have tried updating the bootloader multiple times and I am at a loss of what to do, I got it to act like its loading at one point but then it took longer than 5 seconds and went on forever.
any help is appreciated
I also keep getting an Exit 74 error when trying to upload something through the Arduino IDE
Hi, the 74 exit code isn’t the real error. It’s because libusb is returning an error.
LIBUSB_SUCCESS = 0 , LIBUSB_ERROR_IO = -1 , LIBUSB_ERROR_INVALID_PARAM = -2 , LIBUSB_ERROR_ACCESS = -3 ,
LIBUSB_ERROR_NO_DEVICE = -4 , LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_FOUND = -5 , LIBUSB_ERROR_BUSY = -6 , LIBUSB_ERROR_TIMEOUT = -7 ,
LIBUSB_ERROR_OVERFLOW = -8 , LIBUSB_ERROR_PIPE = -9 , LIBUSB_ERROR_INTERRUPTED = -10 , LIBUSB_ERROR_NO_MEM = -11 ,
LIBUSB_ERROR_NOT_SUPPORTED = -12 , LIBUSB_ERROR_OTHER = -99
-9 after doing some google searching means the device sent a stall command which dfu-util doesn’t know how to handle.
I’ve seen this error before, but, I don’t really have a solution for what fixes it. As I randomly resolve it typically. Please try restarting your PC and/or using a very short USB cable that you know doesn’t have signal integrity issues. Long USB cables can cause packets to need to be resent which can cause errors like this.
The Arduino IDE uses the same DFU-Util program. So, it would also have the exact same problem.