OpenMV IDE does not start on Linux Mint/Ubuntu

When starting the IDE I get the following error message:

Could not load the Qt platform plugin “xcb” in “” even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the > application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: minimalegl, xcb, eglfs, linuxfb, offscreen, wayland-egl, vnc, wayland, vkkhrdisplay, minimal.

Abgebrochen (Speicherabzug geschrieben)

The IDE was installed via the run file: ‘openmv-ide-linux-x86_64-4.1.5.run’ on Linux Mint 20.3 / Ubuntu 20.04.
A new installation doesn’t help. I have already tried the following approaches:

• reinstall libxcb-xinerama0
  • run setup.sh again
  • re-execute the run file ‘openmv-ide-linux-x86_64-4.1.5.run’
  • new installation via the tarball
  • reinstall via the git repo

Thank you for the help.

Hi, I don’t know if the IDE works with Linux Mint. This is not a tested system.

It should be fine with Ubuntu 20.04. It’s built in the cloud using that.

./setup.sh

Will take care of the install for a fresh Ubuntu 20.04 OS.

Could not load the Qt platform plugin “xcb” in “” even though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could be initialized. Reinstalling the > application may fix this problem.

This means there’s a missing library not installed. No amount of re-install will fix that.

Can you try:

sudo apt-get install libxcb*

On Ubuntu? We definitely already install most of the libxcb libraries already. I’m wondering if something else is going wrong.

This issue is actually a common problem with Qt applications.

It’s hard to tell if it’s a problem with your OS setup or missing libraries. The IDE should be good to go, though, on a fresh install of Ubuntu 20.04 on x86_64. Can you provide some more info?

Thank you for the quick answer, the above command was the solution, all that was missing was a library.