Newbie OpenMV Arduino I2C

Hi all,
I have been trying to follow this page for a while, trying to figure out how this OpenMV camera works with an Arduino Uno Wifi. I am very unfamiliar with programming and I could really use some help with setting it up. I have all of the wires set up properly, however, trying to use the OpenMV software has been quite a struggle, because it is unable to pick up the camera via USB. I have gained some progress today trying to use Arduino’s software, but I don’t understand how to code in Arduino.
Thanks, Lucas P

You should first at least try to get the camera working without the Ardunio, and run helloworld.py… What do you mean it’s not picking up the camera ? Can you elaborate more on that ? What’s your OS ? Have you tried a different USB cable ?

I am trying to load my M7 camera on windows. Whenever I try to connect the camera via USB, it recognizes it and then immediately disappears. I try to hit the little “connect” icon on the bottom right, and it goes though the software reset thing and stops at 97% and I don’t know what to do after that. I’ve tried setting it into FS mode (If I remember the name correctly, but I am unsure of what to do after that.

Hi, where did you buy the M7 from? We don’t sell that model anymore. It sounds like the bootloader is working for you but the main application isn’t.

Can you attach screenshots of what’s happening ?

Here is the process of what I had tried several times, I do not want to try and erase the system again because I am worries something is corrupt.

You need to put the camera in DFU mode to be able to fix it (by shorting BOOT and RST or 3.3V), seems the firmware image is corrupted. You could also try to run the bootloader first (Tools->Run Bootloader etc…) and then connect the camera, the bootloader runs for a couple of seconds before jumping to the main firmware image (which is probably corrupted).

Sounds good. I will try this on Monday when I can access it.

Still no luck, It’s giving me the same problem.

Hi, please follow these steps to unbrick the cam:

1. Disconnect the cam.
  2. Connect a wire between BOOT and RST or 3.3v out.
  3. Connect the camera to PC.
  4. Run the IDE and try to connect.
  5. Follow the steps (erase the FS when asked, it’s okay to erase it many times)

Please make sure the USB cable you’re using is a data cable (and not just a charging cable).

If all fails, send us an email to openmv@openmv.io and we’ll replace it for you if you bought it from us or one of our suppliers.