Issue Reading/Writing NOR Flash on OpenMV N6 with ST-Link v3

Hi,

I am trying to flash custom firmware onto the OpenMV N6 board using ST-Link v3 and STM32CubeProgrammer.

I can connect to the MCU successfully, but I am unable to read from or write to the NOR Flash.

Could you please advise me on how to access or program the NOR Flash?

Hi, you need to put the chip in dev mode using BOOT1. See the switch above the header, and then you can use the board like any other ST dev board.

Hi, I set the BOOT1 pin to ‘ON’ and successfully connected STM32CubeProgrammer to the N6 MCU. However, I am unable to read from or write to the NOR Flash on the OpenMV N6 board.

Here’s what we use to factory-provision the system:

FlashLayout.zip (33.7 KB)

The flash loader maps to what the st tools use to understand things. You probably need to load that onto the board to access it.