Failed to run OpenMV example

Hello,
I was trying to run the image_drawing_with_custom_palette.py from the examples in the OpenMV IDE. The script does start to execute, but in the middle of the execution, Nicla Vision gets disconnected from the IDE. All other examples under Drawing tab under examples are running fine. Its just this script. What could be the reasons for the same? I did check the USB connection, with Nicla Vision it is working fine.
Could someone please help me?

This is the example :

# Draw Image Example with custom color palette
#
# This example shows off how to draw images in the frame buffer with a custom generated color palette.

import sensor, image, time, pyb

sensor.reset()
sensor.set_pixformat(sensor.GRAYSCALE) # or GRAYSCALE...
sensor.set_framesize(sensor.QQVGA) # or QQVGA...
sensor.skip_frames(time = 2000)
clock = time.clock()

print("1")

# the color palette is actually an image, this allows you to use image ops to create palettes
# the image must have 256 entries i.e. 256x1, 64x4, 16x16 and have the format rgb565

# Initialise palette source colors into an image
palette_source_colors = [(255, 0, 0), (0, 255, 0), (0, 0, 255), (255, 0, 255)]
palette_source_color_image = image.Image(len(palette_source_colors), 1, sensor.RGB565)
for i, color in enumerate(palette_source_colors):
    palette_source_color_image[i] = color

print("2")

# Scale the image to palette width and smooth them
palette = image.Image(256,1, sensor.RGB565)
palette.draw_image(palette_source_color_image, 0, 0, x_scale=palette.width() / palette_source_color_image.width())
palette.mean(int(palette.width() / palette_source_color_image.width()/2))

while(True):
    clock.tick()
    print("3")
    img = sensor.snapshot()
    # Get a copy of grayscale image before converting to color
    img_copy = img.copy()
    print("4")
    img.to_rgb565()
    print("5")
    palette_boundary_inset = int(sensor.width() / 40)
    palette_scale_x = (sensor.width() - palette_boundary_inset * 2) / palette.width()

img.draw_image(img_copy, 0, 0, color_palette=palette)
    img.draw_image(palette, palette_boundary_inset, palette_boundary_inset, x_scale=palette_scale_x, y_scale=8)
    img.draw_rectangle(palette_boundary_inset, palette_boundary_inset, int(palette.width()*palette_scale_x), 8, color=(255,255,255), thickness=1)

print(clock.fps())

The output shown:

Thank you!

Update: After I connect it again to the laptop, there is new file in the internal storage named ERROR.LOG. It says the following:

FATAL ERROR:
MemManage

Does this mean, it is out of RAM to run the script?
According to this, it says that MemManage detects memory access violations to regions that are defined in the Memory Management Unit (MPU); for example, code execution from a memory region with read/write access only. What does this mean?

It’s probably a bug in the draw_image code with custom palette. Please report a bug on github: Issues · openmv/openmv · GitHub

Will debug. Please create the github issue ticket for tracking.

Hey, thank you so much for the prompt reply
I have reported a bug here.