RPC library import error when using RT1062 CAM

When using the RT1062 board. OpenMV IDE throw an error when I add the RPC library. Similar code use to work fine for the OpenMV M7 board. Not sure if related, but I use the same environment to develop for the OpenMV M7 board

Serial Terminal:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 11, in
File “rpc.py”, line 10, in
ImportError: no module named ‘pyb’
OpenMV v4.5.1; MicroPython v1.20-omv-r17; OpenMV IMXRT1060-MIMXRT1062DVJ6A
Type “help()” for more information.

The RPC library depends on PYB so it cannot work on the RT1060 at this moment. Also, the machine module doesn’t support slave mode for SPI or I2C currently.

I can make UART more work pretty easily if you can get by with that for the machine module. Can you use that? If so, I’ll spend some time on the code to make the UART master/slave work.

Anything that needs pyb is not going to be working. So, until we get everything moved over to the machine module there’s going to be some inconvenience.

That would be a big help for me as well. I am trying to remotely call a tracking script on the RT1060 via a sparkfun ESP32 and transmit the x/y position of the marker (first choice of interface was SPI).

@leonW Will UART mode work for you?

Yes. UART should work. Thanks

Okay, will try to get on this soon. I have to finish the website update first.

UART should work for me too. Thanks!

scripts/libraries: Change the RPC Interface Library UART Master. by kwagyeman · Pull Request #2056 · openmv/openmv (github.com)