I’m working on pick and place solution for a box laying a table.
The environments will be:
- Only one camera is used and it is in a fixed position
- Camera looking at the table top view
- Only one object at a time is placed on the table
- a camera(openmv) will use a ToF sensor for distance calculation
The steps of the process that I imagine:
- object detection
- After detecting an object, calculate the object’s centroid position
- determine the orientation of an object
- send the object’s position info [cx, cy, z, degree] through modbus
I was thinking on adding AI model to openmv ecosystem to detect the boxes,
but I’m not sure if it determine the orientation and position of an object.
I read openmv documents and I found some function like
which,I guess, might help for this project, but I don’t know how to calculate the rotation
of an object like this (How to Determine the Orientation of an Object Using OpenCV – Automatic Addison) and how to get an object’s position.
Could you please give me some advice or better idea?