I would like to use this to count traffic as it passes by my house.
- Daytime only
- Not too worried about torrentially rainy or snowy days
- Camera perpendicular and 10’ (~3m) from side of 20’ wide (~6m) road - no sidewalk
- Car speeds <40 mph (65 km/hr)
- Cars and light trucks (no semis)
Here are the goals in increasing level of difficulty:
- Count any motor vehicle that passes in front of my house
- Record direction (left or right) and estimate speed
- Characterize cars, trucks, motorcycles
I know this is not an out of the box capability, but could the OpenMV Cam M7 be trained to do this?