KLT (Lucas-Kanade) Feature tracking

Hello,

I’m particularly interested in using the KLT based feature tracking for displacement estimation. Are there any plans to implement this on the OpenMV cam ?

I’m aware of (and using on both H7 and H7+) the phase correlation based optical flow for displacement estimation. But, I think KLT would allow localized feature based tracking and better sub-pixel resolution ( pyramidal implementation). Perhaps, would allow higher frame rates too compared to phase correlation without compromise in sub-/pixel resolution ( by binning/windowing at full-resolution and tracking local features)?

Thanks,

• Althaf

It can be done… but, me and Ibrahim have soooooooooooooooo many other things to do that this isn’t likely to get worked on.

If you really want to see it happen you should find the C code for it and try to integrate it yourself. Assuming a C library exists that takes in a grayscale image… then this is only about a days work if you’re an experienced coder. There are numerous examples in the firmware of me integrating external libraries.

Thanks @kwagyeman for your prompt reply!

I’m not a well-experienced embedded coder, but have decent coding experience. I’ll try to get on with working on this then.

Thanks,

• Althaf

Yeah, you don’t really have to know much about embedded code. You just have to be able to write C.

Hey @shaikalthaf4

Were you able to integrate the KLT C-library?

Regards
Naitik