Hello, please help me i have transparent color test tubes i need to detect the diameter and length of testing tube by using openmv h7 plus camera

Hello, please help me i have transparent color test tubes i need to detect the diameter and length of testing tube by using openmv h7 plus camera.

help with what?
Are you stacked somewhere?
did you tried with find circles? or find blobs?

Yes i try blob function as well not getting desire results. As need to formula how to convert pixels radius into actual real radius of object

Which direction are you looking at the tubes from?

you need to measure how many pixels are in a millimeter and then do some math to get real world value.
as far as i understood this is a project for 2 cameras. one camera for the diameter and the other for the length. If you will use blob you can get the blob width or height in pixels.

i need to measure max 100mm and min 10mm value but the issue is find blob function can’t measure accurately to the transparent objects

i need to measue diameter and height of the transparent testing tube with only one camera.

please send an image of what are you trying to inspect.
normally transparent objects can be captured using backlight technology.
I doubt for one camera setup.

Uploading: E07A6737-A808-4201-A8D3-D3EE90A68706.jpeg…

The image didn’t upload.

are you gonna ispect them as they are in the photo?

Yeah i need to detect its caps color its length its diameter and barcode as well

Not such as in the photo inspect one by one

But the entire program should be in one file

Use find blobs to detect the cap. The position of the caps bounding box will tell you the length of the tube. Then you can use find_barcodes to read the barcode.

What you want to do seems very straightforward.

For tubs with no cap it will be very hard. But, for ones with a cap it’s easy.

Please upload the final setup with the real field of view.
Are the gonna travel on a belt?
Are they gonna be laied down?
Are they gonna have caps?

What if the barcode is on the opossite side?

You want so much with so little info.
Openmv cam surely can do all the above .

Tubes are placed on the table and tested one by one. What i want to do is openmv camera need to take a picture one time only and detect the length, tube cap and its bar code in the single shot

I use find blob function for this feature but this method only detect one feature at a same time, i need to detect 3 features in the single snapshot. Is anyone help me