how to transfer the image from openMV to PC in real time?

Discussion related to "under the hood" OpenMV topics.
xiaofeinot

how to transfer the image from openMV to PC in real time?

Postby xiaofeinot » Sat May 30, 2020 11:49 pm

Hey guys! I am working on the flir lapton3.5 with openMV. With the help of openMV, it's easy for me to get the thermal image from filr lapton3.5, don't have to concern about the complicated spi/iic agreement. That's great!

Well, I want to show the real-time thermal image in my PC's qt program, that means the thermal image need to transfer to the PC in the real time. But unfortunately, I didn't see an offical protogenetic way to get the image in PC. Though the image can be shown in the openmv ide, openmv doesn't seem to want me to get the image. So anybody knows how to get the picture from openMV to PC?

Thanks very much and looking for your advice !
kwagyeman

Re: how to transfer the image from openMV to PC in real time?

Postby kwagyeman » Sun May 31, 2020 12:25 pm

https://github.com/openmv/openmv/tree/master/tools/rpc

We made an interface library. Please use it.
Nyamekye,
Deo

Postby Deo » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:33 pm

Hey guys.. I am working on a project where I need to transfer the images from OpenMV to pc so that I could store the images at a particular location. I am actually new to this field. I went through the interface library and I am confused about it. I have understood it in bits and pieces. I want to transfer the images through Wi-Fi.
I would like to mention what I did:
1. installed the two libraries, pyserial and pygame.
2. edited rpc_image_transfer_jpg_streaming_as_the_controller_device.py file, where I changed the ip address with the one of my pc. [For transfer via wifi]
3. ran the file
and I am lost here.
If you could explain how to do it in a systematic order, it would be of great help.

Thank you very much and awaiting your reply..
kwagyeman

Postby kwagyeman » Tue Jun 30, 2020 5:06 pm

You need to give the script the IP address of the camera which is running the corresponding script.

In the IDE under examples -> Remote control see the corresponding script to the script that needs to run on the PC. Edit that script for it to work over WiFi.

If everything is running fine the camera will print out it's IP address.

Then enter that IP address into the script on the PC and things will just work.
Nyamekye,

Return to “Technical Discussion”