Using the Portenta's IMU with Micropython code

How can I use the Portenta H7 IMU inside my Micropython code?

The Portenta H7 doesn’t have any IMUs as far as I know.

I was thinking of getting the adafruit lsm9ds1 Overview | Adafruit LSM9DS1 Accelerometer + Gyro + Magnetometer 9-DOF Breakout | Adafruit Learning System as it should work with the same code as the accelerometer examples for the Nano33BleSense. Anyone know if this accelerometer works with the PortentaH7?

EDIT: Sorry I edited your post instead of replying :open_mouth:

We got something you will like coming soon :slight_smile:

Can you recommend any IMU I should order to use with Micropython? I need to order ASAP

https://github.com/micropython-IMU/micropython-mpu9x50 ?

Exactly! Thanks a thousand

I was thinking of getting the adafruit lsm9ds1 > Overview | Adafruit LSM9DS1 Accelerometer + Gyro + Magnetometer 9-DOF Breakout | Adafruit Learning System > as it should work with the same code as the accelerometer examples for the Nano33BleSense. Anyone know if this accelerometer works with the PortentaH7?

There’s no reason why it shouldn’t, you can use this module I used for the Nano33 and the Nano33’s example:

MPU9250 can only do degrees/second, so I can’t really determine angles without integrating the input over time, which I think would require a second thread. How can I determine the angle between two images without using too much CPU time?