Examples menu needs a Portenta Section

Very frustrating trying the examples and having multiple examples that do not work directly using the PortentaVisionShield. Not sure what is specific to the shield and what is for other OpenMV products.

How hard would it be to make a Portenta menu in the examples that has defaults that work without any changes.

If openMV takes Pull Requests on their Github we could then make a few changes to other examples and put the changed files in the Portenta Menu item.

I typically keep the find/replace (ctrl-F) box up with RGB565 to GRAYSCALE solves a few of the problems.

Yeah, we can make a Portenta example section, in fact. Arduino has asked us to support this.

The IDE automatically parses example scripts from a folder path. So, you literally just have to make a top level folder with Arduino Portenta examples.

Example scripts for release with the IDE are here:

What I’ll do is make a top level folder that says Portena and then have just Portenta scripts in that.

Arduino hasn’t asked us to change this just yet. However, if you want it fixed soon… What I can do is make a top level folder and move all our current example scripts into that. Then a new top level folder for the Portenta. Then you can copy all the example scripts you like into the Portenta folder. You help would be appreciated. II’ll make a new top level folder now.

That would be great Nyamekye. Unfortunately I have done something to my Camera, so I will have to wait for my other camera to arrive for me to problem solve my first cameras issues. Not a big deal, breaking new tech is one of my skills.

I’ve made a new ide release that I’m about to do smart. It will automatically change rgb565 to grayscale when the HM1B camera or any other grayscale only camera is attached.

Cool idea.

It will automatically change rgb565 to grayscale when the HM1B camera or any other grayscale only camera is attached.

oops, I missed reading the above before sending in my pull request . You might want to delete my pull request where I manually changed all the RGB565 to GRAYSCALE

Changed RGB565 to GRAYSCALE for the Arduino examples by hpssjellis · Pull Request #1026 · openmv/openmv · GitHub Since it sounds like you have already dealt with it. My bad.