Custom firmware on OpenMV-H7

Hello everyone,

Is it possible to flash a custom firmware (Zephyr Firmware) on the OpenMV-H7 board without using an ST-LINKV2 external programmer-debugger ?

Best regards,

Othmane,

Yes it’s possible, the firmware should start at 0x08040000 and the bootloader will jump to it, you won’t be able to load a new firmware without disconnecting/reconnecting the board.

Hello @iabdalkader
Thank you for your answer.

1/- Do you mean that It is possible to flash it using a serial communication ? Won’t I be needing any tools like OpenOCD ?

2/- I also tried to flash the board by a the custom firmware using the tools provided by the OpenMV IDE. The flash operations seems to work just fine but I can’t establish a communication with the board. Can you give more information about the tools you use to flash the board with a MicroPython on the OpenMV IDE.

Thank you again for your help

Best regards,
Othmane,

It’s possible to flash any firmware with the IDE, but it will not work after that with the IDE and you will not be able to flash a new firmware (without resetting the board manually). We don’t support any firmware other than ours and we can’t help you with development questions you have to know what you’re doing.