H7 keeps resetting after random # loops Firmware?

Hi

Using just a simple April Tag routine from the samples, my H7 disconnects / resets after a random number of captures.
No error at all is shown…
But setting the firmware back to 3.3.1 it runs stable on exact the same code…
( it happens also on other programs now and than… I have no idea how to see/check what is causing this )
On 3.5.2 the attached code runs just from a few to till around 30 seconds… than the cam disconnects…

Any idea ?

***** EDIT : UPDATE Does not happen on a different H7 , Is the a way to test/log what might be the fault ( hardware ?)
concept.py (3.27 KB)

Could you try erasing the filesystem ? or running the script with an SD card attached.

Hi Just did…
Ran bootloader on old firmware with erase and next after connect updated to latest…
with SD card…
I noted even after a few minutes, no blue led came up indicating the self tests have been completed…
Ran py sample and it resets after about 30 seconds

Again an update sry…

I noted the ‘Good’ H7 on connect shows blue blinking led , while the ‘Suspect’ H7 start with a couple green flashes than white

If the SD is connected after erasing the flash the camera won’t run the self-tests and it won’t run main.py either (which blinks blue) so that’s normal, otherwise I’m not sure why it resets if both cams are identical and with the same firmware then it must be a hw issue.

Does the power supply provide enough power?

We may close this thread… :confused:

To test i hooked it up to the wrong power supply (12v stupid me…) …
Smelled nasty…
so this H7 mortus est…

Testing another one ( i have a few :slight_smile: ) at that one works fine as well, so i guess it was hw fail.

PS: It being used as sheet vs print control and is mounted on a printer where the paper already has an apriltag printed and the printjob itself adds one.
the check is that both tags must be equal so no mix-up can happen.
concept.jpg

12V will definitely kill it. Cool, good that you got it working.