Led blinking white

Hello,

I am encountering issues on connectivity with the OpenMV board that I recently bought for usage with Lepton. Along with the board, I had bought WiFi and pan-tilt shields. The board initially worked fine with the Lepton module. In order to connect the WiFi-shield, I had soldered stacking header pins on the board. But since then, the board would keeps blinking white indicating fault condition . It has an error log, stating FATAL ERROR:Failed to init sensor, error:-2. I ran the bootloader according to the instructions, but it would come back with the same error. Could you help me with this.
Also, the GND,VIN,P7, P8, P9, SYN, BOOT, RST connections on the OpenMV board does not match with that specified on the WiFi-shield?

~Jubin

How did you solder the stacking headers ? The headers should be placed from the top… can you attach a photo of the headers ?

I have attached the pictures. I had soldered them from the top.

It looks good from here, does the camera work without the WiFi shield connected ? Note the FLIR sensor needs to be pushed slightly to be fully inserted into the socket, there’s like small pins that keep it in place.

Hi,

The board does not work now. I tried running the bootloader also. It says the above mentioned error. Is the the board wifi compatible? The board was working fine with lepton module… now none of it works.

~Jubin

When you run the bootloader, try erasing the filesystem as well, see the attached screenshot.

Also, the GND,VIN,P7, P8, P9, SYN, BOOT, RST connections on the OpenMV board does not match with that specified on the WiFi-shield?

The WiFi shield is compatible with all the cams we sell, how did you connect the shield ? It should connected from the top, and the antenna pointing up (towards the lens)

Hello,
I have the same issue.

Javi

What is the issue you’re having ? Please include photos of the boards if possible.

Hello,

I have tried running the boot loader and erased the internal file system and ran the self-test, but the board keeps blinking white. At first, the lepton module worked fine. I also tried running the occupancy detection and it worked. The issues started happening after I tried connecting the WiFi-module. I soldered the headers properly as seen in the pictures attached above. At present, board does not work and restarts with the same error log (failed to initialize sensor). Please suggest an alternative.

~Jubin

Hi, try removing the FLIR lepton from the socket and inserting it again properly, it needs a little bit of force you should hear the shutter’s 3 clips tick if it’s making full contact.

I’m interested in knowing how you connect the WiFi shield to the cam ? Can you please attach another photo with the WiFi shield connected ? The signals should match those on the cam.

Hi,

The lepton module is now working properly. I inserted it with more force as you suggested. I am connecting the WiFi module to OpenMV using a breadboard with Jumper cables, once done I shall post the pictures. I think previously, I did not connect it with matching signals.

Jubin

That’s great! please don’t remove the module from the socket again, the shutter breaks easily, and avoid touching the module generally (it’s very sensitive to ESD). Also, please double check the connections before powering the cam, the module should connect such that the antenna points upwards towards the lens, it should look like this:

Hi,
I have the H7 working. The truth is that I do not know how it was solved: after several procedures (reset between RST and BOOT, run the bootloader erasing filesystem) that had no effect, the led remained blinking white, I made another attempt and when I connected the camera It works well. I don’t know how it has been but it works that is the important thing.
Thanks