Edge impulse installation error

Hi OpenMV Team,

I am using the OpenMV4 H7 Plus, I have an error while I install the Edge impulse.
Below is the message in the terminal, please advise.

C:>edge-impulse-daemon
Edge Impulse serial daemon v1.8.4
Endpoints:
Websocket: wss://remote-mgmt.edgeimpulse.com
API: https://studio.edgeimpulse.com/v1
Ingestion: https://ingestion.edgeimpulse.com

[SER] Connecting to COM4
[SER] Serial is connected, trying to read config…
[SER] Retrieved configuration
[SER] Device is running AT command version 1.0.0
Configuring API key in device…[WS ] Failed to set upload settings: Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 1, in
SyntaxError: can’t assign to expression
[SER] Cannot connect to remote management API using daemon, failed to read apiKey, deviceId or deviceType from device. Restarting your development board might help. Retrying in 5 seconds…

You don’t need to install their CLI anymore. Our IDE integrates the necessary features.

If you are still installing their CLI then please ask them for help support about it.

@kwagyeman ,

I am having significant issues installing the edge impulse CLI tools. I understand this is their issue, and I have asked them for help but, suffice it to say, the edge impulse CLI install experience leaves a lot to be desired.

But, I am following your “smile” tutorial here:

Is there an updated version that does not use the Edge Impulse CLI, could you please point me to it? I am very interested in reproducing your “smile” example.

Thank you,

Chip

We don’t really use the CLI tools. You don’t need them

@kwagyeman ,

That is great to hear. In your video, you used them to upload the training sets:

edge-impulse-uploader --format-openmv smiles

What is the equivalent way to do this without the CLI dependency? Do I upload using edge impulse or is it integrated with the OpenMV IDE?

Sorry for the noob question.

Chip

@kwagyeman,

Figured it out and THANK YOU for implementing this integration.

On with the Smile demo and, again, I am very impressed with what you have built here.

Chip

Glad to hear you found it!

@kwagyeman ,

Yes, and I was almost able to complete the smile example - turns out my H7 does not have enough space to run the model from edge impulse. Oh well.

I have pre-ordered the H7 Plus and , as I also make hardware based IOT devices, I can appreciate how hard it is to make hardware now. Good luck and I look forward to getting the hardware - someday.

Thanks again for your help and good luck with this amazing product.

Chip

1 Like