Global shutter module lines artefact?

Hi, Ive had an H7 and GSM for ages but only now getting around to toying with it as we roll out datamatrix labels on things. Project is real time datamatrix and barcode recognition. Ive put the gsm on the h7 and I get these blind like flickering lines in the display window. I dont get this with the normal camera. Ive updated to latest firmware? Am I doing something stupid or wrong? Standard codes example. sensor.GRAYSCALE

thanks for your help. John

Your code is fine and you have the latest fw… Try removing the sensor and attaching it again with the screws so it’s making full contact… Please note you should Not remove/attach the sensor with the cam plugged in, otherwise it could short something.

thanks so much for the fast reply. i have already tried a number of times with the camera off. faulty? the only place i could find another was aliexpress. two are coming.

Ran your exact script with the latest firmware, an H7, and a global shutter module:

# Hello World Example
#
# Welcome to the OpenMV IDE! Click on the green run arrow button below to run the script!

import sensor, image, time

sensor.reset()                      # Reset and initialize the sensor.
sensor.set_pixformat(sensor.GRAYSCALE) # Set pixel format to RGB565 (or GRAYSCALE)
sensor.set_framesize(sensor.VGA)   # Set frame size to QVGA (320x240)
sensor.skip_frames(time = 2000)     # Wait for settings take effect.
clock = time.clock()                # Create a clock object to track the FPS.

sensor.set_auto_exposure(True, exposure_us=5000)

while(True):
    clock.tick()                    # Update the FPS clock.
    img = sensor.snapshot()         # Take a picture and return the image.
    print(clock.fps())              # Note: OpenMV Cam runs about half as fast when connected
                                    # to the IDE. The FPS should increase once disconnected.

Doesn’t have an error on my end.

thanks it must be a bad module. i really appreciate the entire project and your help. ive ordered another camera and 2 gsm today and i will let you know how that goes in about 4 weeks :slight_smile: