QVGA has weird purple splotches on new H7 Plus

Any resolution less than VGA shows these weird purple splotches. I’ve tried three sensors (OV7725, OV5640 and global shutter) and all three show the same problem in QVGA and QQVGA. They all work fine at VGA and above.

See picture for an example
Annotation 2020-04-21 130756.png

Hmmm,

That’s weird. I don’t get that. It must be the firmware.

Let me push the latest fix to the IDE. ASAP.

I just pushed a new firmware package for the latest IDE. This was an issue with the very first version of the driver. You are using old firmware.

I’m running firmware version 3.6.1. Is there a version later than that?

That scares me.

Can you report which modes have issues?

I remember seeing this issue when we first started on the driver but it disappeared long ago.

Just QVGA and QQVGA as far as I can tell

Okay, I’ll see what I can do to reproduce. It will take a while to get to this.

Hi,
I’m also getting ,Red/Purple splotches with the H7 Plus when using QVGA. When I change to VGA in the code, the splotches disappears. The only thing that has changed is the resolution. Only the basic code examples will work correctly using VGA. If I try using any other code involving face detection etc., the code gets an error message. Is there any solution for this issue as yet?
Thank you!

Hi, you have the wrong firmware on the camera. You need to manually load the OPENMV4P firmware from here: Release v3.6.7 · openmv/openmv · GitHub

Use the Tools->Run Bootloader and select the firmware.bin file in the OPENMV4P folder.