Video camera decoder question

General discussion about topics related to OpenMV.
Chwast

Video camera decoder question

Postby Chwast » Sat Nov 30, 2019 9:03 pm

Hello All,
I am new in this forum so please apologize me if the question is trivial or was already answered before. I am working on the project where I wanted to re-use the camera which is widely used in as i.e rear car camera, or security system when the output is simple analog video signal. I would like to design system which can transfer this signal via WiFi to smartphone or tablet. I have already research a bit and it looks that I can use the device from Analog Devices ADV7280A which allow me to translate the analog video into parallel one. However after this conversion there is still a lot of work so I was looking forward to find something which might be optimal. That is how I have found OpenMV which looks like using the OV2640 or OV7725 image sensor which also is working with parallel interface. I was wonder if you guys see a huge amount of work in order to swap the OV2640/OV7725 to ADV7280A and allow that the OpenMV system can work with any analog cameras? Once I get the video I wanted to stream further over WiFi to smartphone and I hope using tutorials and examples I can get to understand how to do it.

Thank you very much in advance and really appreciate for any answers.

With Best Regards,
Chwast
iabdalkader

Re: Video camera decoder question

Postby iabdalkader » Sun Dec 01, 2019 2:08 pm

Hi, if that chip has a standard 8-bit parallel bus with FRME/HSYNC/VSYNC signals and an I2C interface for register access/configuration, then it should be possible to make a module with it. Note we don't have any time right now to design or support such module, so you'll be on your own.
Chwast

Postby Chwast » Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:59 pm

Thank you very much for your answer, really appreciate. Can I find the Firmware which I can modified for this purpose in order to make it happen? When I will be done with it I will be more than happy to share the results with OpenMV community. Maybe someone could use it for other applications.

Thank you very much
Chwast
kwagyeman

Postby kwagyeman » Sun Dec 08, 2019 11:28 pm

Nyamekye,
Chwast

Postby Chwast » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:31 pm

Thank you very much

Chwast

Return to “General Topics”