Openmv-ide build fails on Windows

I have downloaded latest openmv-ide and managed to build it on WLS2 and it is running great! I have tried to do the same on Windows, but it is failing:

error: No rule to make target '../../../qt-creator/share/qtcreator/examples/Arduino/Portenta-H7/34-Remote-Control/image_transfer_jpg_as_the_remote_device_for_your_computer.py', needed by 'examples/Arduino/Portenta-H7/34-Remote-Control/image_transfer_jpg_as_the_remote_device_for_your_computer.py'.  Stop.

I have python 2.7 installed at the moment there, but also tried it with 3.7-32 bit as well - same results.
Any help here would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you!

Run CMAKE again. Then rebuild.

How do I run CMAKE here?

I have tried it from inside QtCreator 4.14.1 (based on Qt 5.15.2) and ran qmake (not cmake) first that completed. Rebuilding it all after that brings me to the same error.

Am I still doing something wrong?
ps. I am using python 2.7.10 - 64 bit version now:
Python 2.7.10 (default, May 23 2015, 09:44:00) [MSC v.1500 64 bit (AMD64)] on win32

I don’t know. You’re tool chain is different. Fundamentally, if you are building the IDE you need to be able to debug these issues.

The reason this is happening is that a space likely got inserted in the Make File by something. Are you building your code in a path that has spaces? If so, then you need to clean everything and then move the project in your filesystem to a folder without spaces in it’s path.

Thanks for quick reply!

I actually did just that! Originally, things were installed in my C:/Users/<user_name> folder, along with the installation for Python as well.

Now, IDE code is in C:/work/git/openmv-ide, python is in C:/python/python2.7-64, and Qt is in its own C:/Qt/Qt5.15.2

There should be no fancy names anywhere there, but yet, it doesn’t build.

BTW, what did you mean by running CMAKE originally?

After one more cleanup and reboot, and creation of a new project, it compiled successfully!

Thanks a lot for your help!