I2C connection

Hello, I know this might not be the right place to post this but I’m having difficulty receiving data on my msp-exp432p401r board from the openmv cam using i2c. I first used the given code to communicate with an arduino and it worked just fine. with the msp tho even tho I changed the wiring to the right pins it doesnt work. I use the energia IDE for the board which is really similar to arduino so I assumed it would be the same code just different hardware set up. Could someone please help me, I’m new to the whole i2c/ slave,master concept. Thank you in advance

Can you use our RPC library? It’s really robust for this kind of thing: GitHub - openmv/openmv-arduino-rpc: Remote Procedure/Python Call Library for Arduino

Thank you for your response. I looked at the library and I’m really confused on what to do? as I said I’m new to this. Could you please explain it a little so I have a basic understanding

This is the example code they have for the receiving data as a slave:

#include <Wire.h>

void setup()
{
Wire.begin(4); // join i2c bus with address #4
Wire.onReceive(receiveEvent); // register event
Serial.begin(9600); // start serial for output
}

void loop()
{
delay(100);
}

// function that executes whenever data is received from master
// this function is registered as an event, see setup()
void receiveEvent(int howMany)
{
while(1 < Wire.available()) // loop through all but the last
{
char c = Wire.read(); // receive byte as a character
Serial.print©; // print the character
}
int x = Wire.read(); // receive byte as an integer
Serial.println(x); // print the integer
}

Yeah, that’s a really low level way to communicate. It will be very hard for you to make that work.

As for the RPC library… there’s a wall of documentation and example scripts. Did you read the README? And look at the examples? It really does make this easier.