Power supplied of Openmv4 H7 with TOF module

General discussion about topics related to OpenMV.
User avatar
jll
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:24 pm

Power supplied of Openmv4 H7 with TOF module

Postby jll » Wed Jul 10, 2019 8:45 am

I use Openmv4 with TOF module on the unmanned aerial vehicle,but openmv sometimes shut down. The main.py works fine when not on the fly.
So I suspect that the Power is limitted when on the UAV.
I wonder How much current i need supply to make it work well with TOF(U=4.5V to 5V).
The China Store says about 200mA to 500mA.I am not very sure
User avatar
kwagyeman
Posts: 3522
Joined: Sun May 24, 2015 2:10 pm

Re: Power supplied of Openmv4 H7 with TOF module

Postby kwagyeman » Wed Jul 10, 2019 11:20 am

Um, the OpenMV Cam needs about 200 mA. How is the system and the ToF unit powered? You could use a second battery which may ease the problem.
Nyamekye,
User avatar
iabdalkader
Posts: 1042
Joined: Sun May 24, 2015 3:53 pm

Re: Power supplied of Openmv4 H7 with TOF module

Postby iabdalkader » Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:48 pm

Can you share a link to the TOF module ?
User avatar
jll
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:24 pm

Re: Power supplied of Openmv4 H7 with TOF module

Postby jll » Wed Jul 10, 2019 9:02 pm

iabdalkader wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 5:48 pm
Can you share a link to the TOF module ?
https://singtown.com/product/50448/open ... ce-shield/
thanks,this is the link
kidswong999
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:12 pm

Re: Power supplied of Openmv4 H7 with TOF module

Postby kidswong999 » Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:15 am

Hi, just post on https://forum.singtown.com/category/5/openmv-cam

Please paste all codes, and I will test.
You could also contact customer service on taobao.

By the way, the distance shield is so low-power, it is under 20ma.
User avatar
jll
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:24 pm

Re: Power supplied of Openmv4 H7 with TOF module

Postby jll » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:24 am

kidswong999 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:15 am
Hi, just post on https://forum.singtown.com/category/5/openmv-cam

Please paste all codes, and I will test.
You could also contact customer service on taobao.

By the way, the distance shield is so low-power, it is under 20ma.
Chinese Openmv Store on taobao just know nothing but want money. Customer service is bad.
Last edited by jll on Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
jll
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:24 pm

Re: Power supplied of Openmv4 H7 with TOF module

Postby jll » Sat Jul 13, 2019 4:35 am

kidswong999 wrote:
Fri Jul 12, 2019 9:15 am
Hi, just post on https://forum.singtown.com/category/5/openmv-cam

Please paste all codes, and I will test.
You could also contact customer service on taobao.

By the way, the distance shield is so low-power, it is under 20ma.
I use the demo distance program in the IDE,if you can test it ,i will be very
grateful
kidswong999
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:12 pm

Re: Power supplied of Openmv4 H7 with TOF module

Postby kidswong999 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:21 am

If you have technical questions, just goto https://forum.singtown.com, I answer questions every day, I will test and answer it.
If you think goods have quality issues, just replace it or refund.
I am not the technical support here, I am only responsible for the China region.
And I will not answer you here. Although this distance shield was developed by me.
User avatar
jll
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Jun 02, 2019 12:24 pm

Re: Power supplied of Openmv4 H7 with TOF module

Postby jll » Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:52 pm

kidswong999 wrote:
Tue Jul 16, 2019 8:21 am
If you have technical questions, just goto https://forum.singtown.com, I answer questions every day, I will test and answer it.
If you think goods have quality issues, just replace it or refund.
I am not the technical support here, I am only responsible for the China region.
And I will not answer you here. Although this distance shield was developed by me.
shamed on you
kidswong999
Posts: 36
Joined: Sun Apr 02, 2017 1:12 pm

Re: Power supplied of Openmv4 H7 with TOF module

Postby kidswong999 » Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:28 pm

If you buy a genuine board, you will certainly get a genuine service, and vice versa.

If it is genuine, just contact the seller, the problem can be solved directly. It is impossible to run an error in the example.

Return to “General Topics”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests