This method is unavailable on your OpenMV Cam version.

Testing gaussian with the titled ERROR message:

OSError: This method is unavailable on your OpenMV Cam version.

Serial Terminal also gives me the following ERROR message:

raw REPL; CTRL-B to exit

OK
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 17, in
OSError: This method is unavailable on your OpenMV Cam version.

MicroPython v1.9.3-4922-ge0f81c867 on 2018-04-23; OPENMV2 with STM32F427
Type “help()” for more information.

I can tell from the back of OpenMV board:

OpenMV Cam 2
OV7725 - Rev 1
2/9/2016

So, questions:

• Which version is the NEWEST with all functions enabled?
  • Is it possible to just flash my current OpenMV Cam and enable all functions? I mean: is it ONLY a firmware flash issue or must it be a hardware issue?

Thank you very much.

Have a nice day.
Pei

• Which version is the NEWEST with all functions enabled?

The camera you have is the original OpenMV2-M4 (the kickstarter camera). I think it’s at least 5 years old now (the date is the production run/rev date). The newest camera with everything enabled is the OpenMV4-H7 which is Not released yet and will be released soon. The current camera is OpenMV3-F7 (it also supports everything, except it has less memory/processing than H7) you can buy it from our store or from distributors (SFE, RobotShop etc…).

• Is it possible to just flash my current OpenMV Cam and enable all functions? I mean: is it ONLY a firmware flash issue or must it be a hardware issue?

No, those functions are disabled for the M4 because we run out of flash, ram or it’s just too slow to support them.

That said, actually gaussian should work on OMV2 I’ll re-enable it now.

Great… When will be your release date of OpenMV4-H7 ? I’d love to get one… Or, is there an early-bird price ?

What’s more, from the name, OpenMV3-F7 should come with a STM32F7? While OpenMV4-H7 comes with a STM32H7?

Cheers
Pei

We’re going to kickstart it soon.

That’s true.

I’ll be doing the KickStarter for the H7 in September. We have a final firmware release to get done next for v3.0.0 and then I will focus on website updates and the H7 media campaign.

Looking forward to it… Can I have the “early bird” price? :slight_smile:

There will be early bird reward tiers sold at cost.

I have found Open MV Cam v2, and try to put it to application, but function find_template is unavailable, contrary to what is in the Docs of the API. SEARCH_EX & SEARCH_DS, symbols are not found either.

Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 16, in
ImportError: can’t import name SEARCH_EX
OpenMV v4.5.0; MicroPython v1.20-omv-r8; OPENMV2-STM32F427

File “”, line 51, in
OSError: This function is unavailable on your OpenMV Cam.
OpenMV v4.5.0; MicroPython v1.20-omv-r8; OPENMV2-STM32F427

Was it removed by accident, or for other, technical reason?

We have limited flash on that board so it really only has color tracking on it. We disabled that feature for it.

If you really need it you can fork our github repo, enable github actions to build the firmware, and then enable the feature and disable something else to make space for it. https://github.com/openmv/openmv/blob/master/src/omv/boards/OPENMV2/imlib_config.h#L125

You’ll need to disable something else though for the firmware to fit.