What is maximum Z position(height), to get the crisp preview of a phone screen below openmv camera ?

Discussion related to "under the hood" OpenMV topics.
devrup

What is maximum Z position(height), to get the crisp preview of a phone screen below openmv camera ?

Postby devrup » Sun May 27, 2018 3:54 am

Hi,

I am trying to setup OpenMV camera in a height(this case: 13 cm). I tried also other different heights to check if I can see the preview of a phone screen CRISP. But no Success !!

I also adjusted the focus, set framesize to VGA but attached is the best what I can see.

Any insights on how can or if it's possible to see clear preview or at least have a snapshot where the text of icons are clearly visible ?

Thanks.
Attachments
openmv_screen_13cm_height_z.jpg
openmv_screen_13cm_height_z.jpg (41.94 KiB) Viewed 108 times
kwagyeman

Re: What is maximum Z position(height), to get the crisp preview of a phone screen below openmv camera ?

Postby kwagyeman » Sun May 27, 2018 4:49 am

Hi, the camera res doesn't allow for you to see all the detail in that screen. You may zoom in on one area of the screen, but not all.

What's the application?
Nyamekye,
iabdalkader

Re: What is maximum Z position(height), to get the crisp preview of a phone screen below openmv camera ?

Postby iabdalkader » Mon May 28, 2018 11:03 pm

Did you save that image from a script or screenshot the IDE preview ? Note the IDE preview is JPEG compressed (small text will be destroyed).

Return to “Technical Discussion”