Cannot Connect USB Device

Discussion related to "under the hood" OpenMV topics.
Kevin88

Cannot Connect USB Device

Postby Kevin88 » Mon May 14, 2018 6:25 pm

Hello,

When I try connecting the camera, I get a message saying that the USB Device cannot be recognized. The device does no appear in device manager, under Universal Serial Bus Controllers, it says Unknown USB Device.

The green light blinks a couple times, a white light for a while, a red light blinks once, and then a blue light keeps flickering.

I have tried different power and data micro-usb cables and multiple USB ports so I don't believe that's the problem.

I have tried updating the DFU Bootloader; however, it froze at the "Reprogramming... (may take up to 5 minutes)" screen while I waited for 20 minutes.

Any ideas for fixing the problem would be appreicated

Thanks
kwagyeman

Re: Cannot Connect USB Device

Postby kwagyeman » Mon May 14, 2018 6:48 pm

The blue light blinking means the camera is running fine. The behavior you're seeing is consistent with a working camera.

Um, mmm. So, power is obviously making it's way over the USB cable.

Um, when you put it into DFU mode... Does any STM32 microelectronics device appear under the device manager?

You put the device into DFU mode by attaching a jumper wire between reset and BOOT0 and then plugging he device into the PC. Then, check the device manager.

Dfu programming should have instantly failed if the camera USB connection was bad.
Nyamekye,
Kevin88

Postby Kevin88 » Mon May 14, 2018 7:09 pm

I put the device into DFU mode by attaching a jumper wire between reset and BOOT0.

In Device Manager, it says 'Unknown USB Device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)'

The reprogramming window continues to hang as previously mentioned
kwagyeman

Postby kwagyeman » Mon May 14, 2018 8:06 pm

Hi, please send OpenMV your receipt for a replacement.
Nyamekye,
Kevin88

Postby Kevin88 » Mon May 14, 2018 9:00 pm

That's unfortunate to hear.

What do you think might have caused the camera to stop working?

It is not my OpenMV camera but I will discuss this with my employer tomorrow and ask for a receipt to forward to you for replacement.
kwagyeman

Postby kwagyeman » Mon May 14, 2018 10:31 pm

Hi, please try it on a different PC. However, I fear the USB traces are damaged. This is usually the cause of failure.
Nyamekye,

Return to “Technical Discussion”