Industrial 24VDC shield and wired ethernet

Hi everyone,

In Industrial standard we use 24 Volts DC by default is there someone that already made a 24VDC shield for supply voltage and i/o ?
Also maybe even an wired ethernet connection like an M12 coaxial connector or RJ45 (probably not rough enough) (I know about the WiFi shield but that sounds more like a hobby feature.)

I remembered that there was an option to get custom shield during the Kickstarter campaign, so hopefully someone ordered this :smiley:

This would really make the camera easier to integrate in industrial applications.

Since the OpenMV camera is 5v tolerant you should be able to use any shield made for the Arduino that you can just send serial data over.

1 Like

I use the camera with global shutter module in industry with a seperate 5v power supply! it is much better to power it like that. for I/O controlls i used optocouplers with mosfets. something like this:

But now i use industrial grade optocouplers . You can choose what you want! But i think great idea the power of the camera to be seperate fron the power of the hole machine with seperate 0V too!