implement own Haar-Cascade

Discussion related to "under the hood" OpenMV topics.
augur4u

Re: implement own Haar-Cascade

Postby augur4u » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:43 am

Hi iabdalkader,

I tried to use your cascade_convert.py to convert haarcascade_frontalcatface.xml but always failed. and I don't know why.
could you help me convert it?
Thanks a ton!
iabdalkader

Postby iabdalkader » Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:48 pm

augur4u wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:43 am
Hi iabdalkader,

I tried to use your cascade_convert.py to convert haarcascade_frontalcatface.xml but always failed. and I don't know why.
Thanks a ton!
Hi, please see the older replies to this thread. The script only works on Linux (for some reason) and it only supports the most basic Haar cascade (using the old format). If you're having a different issue with the script please post the command you used and the error messages.
augur4u

Postby augur4u » Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:59 am

iabdalkader wrote:
Tue Oct 23, 2018 7:48 pm
augur4u wrote:
Hi iabdalkader,

Thanks a ton!
Hi, please see the older replies to this thread. The script only works on Linux (for some reason) and it only supports the most basic Haar cascade (using the old format). If you're having a different issue with the script please post the command you used and the error messages.
Hi iabdalkader,
thank you so much for your quick response and help!
Yes, I read and tried all the older replies but I can't find any right solution. I used Python 2.7.5 and 2.7.13 to run cascade_convert.py to convert but both of them did not work. Can you help me convert it? Please find haarcascade_frontalcatface.xml attached. Thank you so much.
I am looking forward to hearing back from you.
haarcascade_frontalcatface.zip
(241.14 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
error.jpg
iabdalkader

Postby iabdalkader » Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:08 pm

augur4u wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:59 am
iabdalkader wrote:
augur4u wrote:
Hi iabdalkader,

Thanks a ton!
Hi iabdalkader,
Yes, I read and tried all the older replies but I can't find any right solution. I used Python 2.7.5 and 2.7.13 to run cascade_convert.py to convert but both of them did not work. Can you help me convert it? Please find haarcascade_frontalcatface.xml attached. Thank you so much.

haarcascade_frontalcatface.ziperror.jpg
Hi, as I already mentioned a few times, the script only works on **Linux** Not Windows.
augur4u

Postby augur4u » Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:06 am

iabdalkader wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 3:08 pm
augur4u wrote:
Wed Oct 24, 2018 11:59 am
iabdalkader wrote:

Hi iabdalkader,

haarcascade_frontalcatface.ziperror.jpg
Hi, as I already mentioned a few times, the script only works on **Linux** Not Windows.
Hi iabdalkader,
Thank you so much. Unfortunately I have no Linux so I hope you can help me convert it if you have time. Thanks a ton.
iabdalkader

Postby iabdalkader » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:20 pm

augur4u wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:06 am
Hi iabdalkader,
Thank you so much. Unfortunately I have no Linux so I hope you can help me convert it if you have time. Thanks a ton.

I tried to convert it but this file is a web page, seems you downloaded it from github, you need to download the raw xml file.
augur4u

Postby augur4u » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:14 am

iabdalkader wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:20 pm
augur4u wrote:
Thu Oct 25, 2018 4:06 am
Hi iabdalkader,

I tried to convert it but this file is a web page, seems you downloaded it from github, you need to download the raw xml file.
Hi iabdalkader,
Thank you so much for your help.
Now I downloaded the raw xml file from https://raw.githubusercontent.com/openc ... atface.xml.
right?
haarcascade_frontalcatface-ok.xml
(401.75 KiB) Downloaded 5 times
Looking forward to your converting for me. Thanks a ton.
iabdalkader

Postby iabdalkader » Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:23 am

Attached.

In the future please use a Linux VM to convert cascades, I'll get around to fixing the script on Windows.
Attachments
haarcascade_frontalcatface-ok.cascade.zip
(11.52 KiB) Downloaded 8 times
augur4u

Postby augur4u » Fri Oct 26, 2018 8:33 pm

iabdalkader wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 7:23 am
Attached.

In the future please use a Linux VM to convert cascades, I'll get around to fixing the script on Windows.
Dear iabdalkader,
Thank you so much for your help and suggestion.
I will install Linux VM to convert cascades and also look forward to your fixing the script on Windows.

Thank you again.
Best regards.

Return to “Technical Discussion”