Cannot find file: ../qt-creator/qtcreator.pro.

Why do I need qt-creator? Which I’ve already installed manually under /opt/Qt ???
Any plan to make GitHub - openmv/openmv-ide: QtCreator based OpenMV IDE cleaner? openmv-ide is developed using Qt, which is fine. However, clearly, qt-creator is NOT a part of OpenMV…

:~/....../OpenMV/openmv-ide$ python make.py 
Cannot find file: ../qt-creator/qtcreator.pro.
Make Failed...

Thank you and Happy New Year…
Pei

You don’t need to install Qt. You install the IDE from here:

Everything is packaged and ready to use. I have no idea why you care how the software is built and why you are asking these questions. As for cloning the repo you need to use a recursive clone to pull in all submodule repos:

Anyway, I will not provide help support for tinkering with the OpenMV IDE code for questions like this. Please use Google to resolve issues on how to compile the code if you are trying to mess with the IDE’s source code. If you have a better question like about how something works then I will continue to answer. But not about basic things like this. This is the 3rd time you’ve posted about the IDE via the GitHub repo and now the forums.

Hi, Nyamekye:

Thank you very much for your prompt reply…

However, the thing is: I installed Qt 5.7.1, but, it seems openmv-ide is ONLY compatible with Qt 5.7.0 …

The IDE installs all dependencies itself when I package the software for download. If you are trying to compile the code yourself or something like that then please understand that there’s no support on my part for that kind of activity.

However, the thing is: I installed Qt 5.7.1, but, it seems openmv-ide is ONLY compatible with Qt 5.7.0 …

What does that mean? Do you get a compile error? If so, have you tried googling the compile error or just fixing it? Knowing how to compile Qt apps can be a little tricky. Especially Qt Creator.

I still don’t know what you are looking for? What is your goal?

Thank you for your prompt reply, kwagyeman:

Let me clarify my question(s):

I’m actually able to build your project if I do “git clone --recursive *******”.
However, I happened to notice that your qtcreator is directly forked from qtproject/qt-creator, as I can see clearly from GitHub - openmv/qt-creator at c60936d5fbd3b51efa79008ff695f17f9fd36462 .

1. So, I expect a successful build/compilation of openmv-ide without recursively downloading qt-creator, since I’ve already installed Qt-5.7.1, which comes with a community version qt-creator already.

\
  2. In addition, I failed to install the binary of openmv-ide which is directly downloaded from Download | OpenMV . It seems it’s just a Qt version conflicts. Clearly, you are using Qt-5.7.0, while I’m using Qt-5.7.1 …

Hope you can give me some suggestions. I believe this does have something to do with “User Experience”.

Thank you
    Pei

In addition, kwagyeman:

Although I’ve successfully built openmvide out, and I can run it ( see the attached image)

the final stage of the build via “python make.py” still gives me the following error messages:

make[2]: Leaving directory '....../openmv-ide/build/share/qtcreator/translations'
make[1]: Leaving directory '....../openmv-ide/build/share'
cd bin/ && ( test -e Makefile || /opt/Qt5.7.1/5.7/gcc_64/bin/qmake ....../openmv-ide/qt-creator/bin/bin.pro -spec linux-g++ -o Makefile ) && make -f Makefile install
make[1]: Entering directory '....../openmv-ide/build/bin'
install -m 755 -p openmvide.sh ....../openmv-ide/build/install/bin/openmvide.sh
make[1]: Leaving directory '....../openmv-ide/build/bin'
python -u ....../openmv-ide/qt-creator/scripts/deployqt.py -i "....../openmv-ide/build/install" "/opt/Qt5.7.1/5.7/gcc_64/bin/qmake"
Note: Ignoring all errors
Cannot find required binary 'chrpath'.
Makefile:509: recipe for target 'deployqt' failed
make: *** [deployqt] Error 2
Make Failed...

Any suggestions?

Cheers
Pei

Now we’re getting somewhere. :slight_smile:

So, as you can see from the submodules file: https://github.com/openmv/openmv-ide/blob/master/.gitmodules, the submodule is from our forked qt-creator repo using the branch “openmv”.

1. So, I expect a successful build/compilation without recursively downloading qt-creator, since I’ve already installed both Qt-5.7.1, which comes with a community version qt-creator already.

This doesn’t have anything do to with what you’ve installed. We aren’t using the community version of qtcreator. I started with a fork of the qtcreator code, created my own branch, and then heavily modified the code. I’m literally re-purposing all the qtcreator code. I’m not installing a plugin on your system or anything like that. OpenMV IDE builds into it’s own stand alone binary.

1. In addition, if I download binary openmv-ide directly from Download | OpenMV, I failed to install it. It seems it’s just a Qt version conflicts. Clearly, you are using Qt-5.7.0, while I’m using Qt-5.7.1 …

This is a more serious issue that I should address. Can you tell me what OS you are using and what the error is? The IDE packages all its dependencies with itself so it shouldn’t need to look at any files you have on your system. What OS are you using and when does the error occur? Is their a problem with the installer? Or does the app fail to launch? What error do you get?

Trying to deploy the app is strictly our release process. Please stop working on it after that. Deploying the app requires a lot of tool setup on the computer you plan to run on. I don’t plan to provide help support for that. It’s not easy to setup everything and there’s no need for you to do that unless you plan on building custom versions of the IDE for folks.

I see you are on linux. So, I’m guessing there are qt version conflicts when you try to run our packaged IDE? Can you show me the error?

Sorry for my late reply… Happy New Year…

It’s OK for me to install openmv-ide. However, when I tried to lauch it right after the installation, I got the following error message:

jiapei:openmv$ Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (version 0x50701) with this library (version 0x50700)

Clearly, it is a Qt library incompatible issue…

Cheers
Pei

Alright, I think I know what’s happening. The IDE sees your installed QT version and tires to load that versus the QT version is was built with. Um, so there’s an openmvide.sh file in the app bin dir. Can you try running that instead? That sh file is supposed to fix the linker paths for the ide before it runs. Can you lauch the ide via running the sh file?

chmod +x openmvide.sh
./openmvide.sh