Hi,
I finally got logged in under my wife’s name.

Ihave enclosed my script file. I want the image to appear on the IDE frame buffer screen “immediately” after the picture is taken on line 24 , before the rest of the code is run.

Thanks,
Jim

I forgot the enclosure.
blksearch.py (11.2 KB)

Hi, do sensor.flush().

When you call snapshot() it flushed the frame buffer by jpeg compressing it and then putting that in a jpeg buffer the IDE can pull later asynchronously. Then snapshot grabs the next image from the camera. Flush just does the first part above.

Note that the IDE still grabs the image asynchronously… so, if you script terminates you need to add like a 1 second wait after flush so the IDE has time to grab the image. For your case you just need to add flush.

Hi,
I got my image timing to work the way I wanted. Thanks

MY script works the way I want, when it is running in the IDE. What do I need to do to run it NOT using the IDE. I assume I need a power supply. How do I program the camera uP with the script. And, does the uP start running automatically when power is turned on. As you can tell I’m somewhat of a novice.

Jim

Tools->Save Script to OpenMV Cam.

after i’v saved the script to the cam, is it non volitile?

how do I start the program running, or does it just start when I power up the cam?

It will run at startup. Main.py runs at startup. The blinking blue light is a main.py script on the camera when it’s fresh.

I’ll try it and get back.
Thanks,
Jim

Under tools in the IDE the copy … command is not high lighted.
Jim

Connect to the camera first.

Hi,
I need a new usd card. I broke my old one. How many GB should I buy?
Jim

Doesn’t really matter unless you plan to fill it up. Please avoid over 32 GB as the camera doesn’t do SDXC.

Once my script is loaded onto the uSD I want to run the script on a different power source (batteries) than the PC. To What pins on the cam7 do I connect the Voltage and ground from my power source. Also what voltage do I use , i.e. 5V or 3.25 V?
Jim

PS: When are the OpenMV Cam H7 plus coming.

You connect 4v-6v on VIN and GND. The OpenMV Cam Plus is shipping now. Driver work is not fully yet completed for it however so the performance is not as high as it should be yet but it’s functional.

thanks
Ill close this one.
Jim