OpenMV doesnt recognise my CAM H7

Hi everybody,
I tried to start a new “hello-world” project this time using the OpenMV IDE.
I am afraid that my camera is now bricked. the details are as follows:

1. I use a data and voltage uUSB (I checked it!)
  2. when i plug it to the computer device manager doesnt even refresh :frowning:
  3. when i do the shortening of RST and BOOT trick, device manager recognise it as a DFU in FS Mode rather than STM bootloader.
  4. OpenMV hardware doesnt succeed rebooting it since it does not recognise it.
    I hope somebody might help, thank you!

Do you get a green light still when you plug it into the PC. Or is it fully dead? No lights? Since you get something when you do the DFU trick it should be fixable.

Hi Nyamekye,
thanks for your reply, unfortunately when i plug it in i see no led at all and OpenMV IDE doesnt recognise it.
so i used a jumper to connect BOOT0 and RST, and then reconnect it to the usb port, this time i see my device in "device manager as DFU, however the DFU trick doesnt work in the IDE.
hope i was clear enough.

Okay, the DFU trick in the IDE is the only way to fix it. Can you Elaborate what doesn’t work? If possible, you you use Windows? The DFU for windows is better than on Mac and Linux.

I’d like to share a short video of the problem with you if it’s ok.
Send me a ‘hi’ email to the address: shenhavo@post.bgu.ac.il, and i’ll send it to you.
Thanks again,
Shenhav

Email kwagyeman@openmv.io.

For some reason i got a response mail which says that i spam your email :frowning:
so i attach here a shareable link so everyone can see:
fisrt case: regular connection - no device manager response.

second case: DFU connection - device manager recognize it, however nothing happens in IDE

Okay, it should be recoverable. DFU might just not detect the camera… Sigh…

Download this program here: STM32CubeProg - STM32CubeProgrammer software for all STM32 - STMicroelectronics

The install the attached file (unzip first)
openmv.zip (1.17 MB)

We use an ST DFU tool which might be outdated now that ST switched to a different DFU tool. We will have a new version of the IDE come out with new DFU support using another program.

Hi again,
So ST programmer doesnt accept DFU files as input, so i used STSW-STM32080 - DfuSe USB device firmware upgrade (UM0412) (replaced by STM32CubeProgrammer) - STMicroelectronics this application to convert DFU->Hex
then i downloaded it in DFU mode and it seems that it work.
thank you!