Sending Images through HTTP

Discussion related to "under the hood" OpenMV topics.
susamsokagi

Sending Images through HTTP

Postby susamsokagi » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:05 pm

Hello,

I want to take some pictures and send them to a cloud server using the NB-IoT shield. Images will be forwarded through UART from the camera to the shield. My question is do I need an SD card for this application because I'm not going to save any image on the H7 module? I am asking because I get "OSError: Access denied due to prohibited access or directory full." error when I run my script.
iabdalkader

Re: Sending Images through HTTP

Postby iabdalkader » Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:33 pm

Yes the flash filesystem is very limited (few kbytes) it's meant for logs, scripts etc.. not for images.
rkguy

Postby rkguy » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:16 pm

susamsokagi wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:05 pm
Hello,

I want to take some pictures and send them to a cloud server using the NB-IoT shield. Images will be forwarded through UART from the camera to the shield. My question is do I need an SD card for this application because I'm not going to save any image on the H7 module? I am asking because I get "OSError: Access denied due to prohibited access or directory full." error when I run my script.
Is there an official nb-iot shield? If not, then what shield are you using and is there open source code available to communicate using the shield?
susamsokagi

Postby susamsokagi » Wed Feb 12, 2020 5:13 am

rkguy wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:16 pm
susamsokagi wrote:
Mon Dec 09, 2019 6:05 pm
Hello,

Is there an official nb-iot shield? If not, then what shield are you using and is there open source code available to communicate using the shield?
Sorry I just saw your message... I am using BG96-NB IoT shield by Avnet. It works with AT commands printed through serial channel from the camera to the shield. I'm afraid there is not any open source code.

Return to “Technical Discussion”