WiFi shield firmware

I installed the IDE yesterday and can connect to a H7 board with no problem, updated the firmware.

I have a WiFi shield plugged in to the H7 board and am trying to run the connect.py script from the IDE. I get an error;
OSError: Failed to initialize WINC1500 module: Firmware version mismatch. Please update WINC1500 firmware, see Examples->14-WiFi-Shield->fw_update.py

fw_update.py says;

# Firmware is at <openmv-ide-install-dir>/share/qtcreator/firmware/WINC1500/winc_19_6_1.bin

and later in the script…

# For ATWINC1500-MR210PB only.
wlan.fw_update("/winc_19_6_1.bin")

But when I look in that …/firmware/WINC1500 directory I see winc_19_5_2.bin, there is no 6_1 file. I tried copying the winc_19_5_2.bin file to the base directory of the H7 flash drive and changed the script to load that. It appeared to run an update but I still get the mismatch message.

wlan = network.WINC(mode=network.WINC.MODE_FIRMWARE)
print("\nFirmware version:", wlan.fw_version())
)

result is; Firmware version: (0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0

That’s troubling because it may mean that the H7 isn’t really communicating with the WiFi shield. I assume this happens over SPI? I am pretty sure I have the shield mounted on the H7 board correctly?

Looking around at the various threads I saw that there was new firmware available so I downloaded that and unzipped it;

Did a search there and found a winc_19_6_1.bin file. So I put that on the H7 flash base directory and ran fw_update.py, afterwards the connect.py script ran with no problem.

So I am suspecting that the IDE install package has not been updated to include the required winc_19_6_1.bin file.

So I am suspecting that the IDE install package has not been updated to include the required winc_19_6_1.bin file.

Yes I think it’s missing from the current IDE resources, just saw your second reply I assume it’s working now.

Yes it is working now, thanks.