LCD shield compatibility with servo and P&T shields

If I’m understanding the pinouts correctly, the LCD shield should work with the servo shield, which relies exclusively on the I2C pins P4 and P5, but not the pan & tilt shield, which utilizes the servo pins P7, P8, and P9, which would double up on the LCD’s use of P7 and P8, right?

As a follow-up, would I be correct that with the LCD shield, the M7 or H7 could directly control a single servo, without any additional shields, via P9, albeit without position reading capability (which the servo shield doesn’t support anyway, but the P&T shield does)?

So the advantages of the P&T shield are position reading and dead-man-switching and the advantage of the servo shield is far more servos and LCD compatibility, right? I realize I asked about the servo and P&T shields a long time ago, and I have perused the response in that thread, but I’m still trying to grasp the “point” of the P&T shield over the servo shield.

Am I correct on any or all counts here?

Thanks.

If I’m understanding the pinouts correctly, the LCD shield should work with the servo shield, which relies exclusively on the I2C pins P4 and P5, but not the pan & tilt shield, which utilizes the servo pins P7, P8, and P9, which would double up on the LCD’s use of P7 and P8, right?

Yes, the servo and LCD shields both use P7 and P8.

As a follow-up, would I be correct that with the LCD shield, the M7 or H7 could directly control a single servo, without any additional shields, via P9, albeit without position reading capability (which the servo shield doesn’t support anyway, but the P&T shield does)?

Yes, when using the LCD P9 is free to control a servo.

So the advantages of the P&T shield are position reading and dead-man-switching and the advantage of the servo shield is far more servos and LCD compatibility, right?

Yes but I think the main advantage of the P&T shield is that it has a regulator with a 20v input so you can use say a 7v or 11v battery, and get 5v to the servos.

Ah, okay. Thanks.

I had a dream that I could use the camera with a pan/tilt shield and LCD display. I wanted to mount the camera on a pan/tilt servo setup and have it find and track an April tag and automatically center. I can do that, but I thought that it would be cool to have the display show a live preview of what the camera was seeing. I guess that I can still do it if I use only pan or tilt, but not both. Not ideal, but I’ll try it.

You might be able to get away by not connecting the reset pin on the LCD shield. Not sure if it will work without it. But, we did that for the TV shield and it was okay.