Awesome product & general thanks

Hi All,

My name is Gavin and I run the Robots and Dinosaurs, the Sydney Makerspace. I was a kickstarter pledger and I got my boards ages ago, but life being what it is, I never got around to actually using them till recently.

I’m thoroughly impressed with everything. From download to getting the first code working was less than 7 minutes (I had a friend time me), and that included a firmware upgrade.

I love the arduino-style setup, with dozens of examples ready to go. I love how I can prototype on the PC, and with a single click I can make the code live in the board for stand-alone applications.

While no programming is ever easy, openMV is polished enough that I can recommend it to newbies without worrying. And there’s certainly been a bunch of people asking about it after seeing face recognition and bouncing-ball following.

I’d like to say thank you so much to Ibrahim and Kwabena for all their hard work. I’m sure it wasn’t easy, but what openMV has become is polished, professional and super impressive.
I’ve also been reading through the forums, and I’m in awe of the time you take to answer people’s questions and provide code snippets.

If you’re ever in Sydney, come on down to Robots and Dinosaurs, there’s a bunch of people who would like to buy you dinner.

Cheers,
Gavin

Wow, thank you for such a nice promotion and thank you!

Thank you for the kind words, it’s always nice to meet an original OMV backer :slight_smile: