Wifi Shield

Hi,

Using the connect example I am able to connect to my local wifi network using an OpenMV M7 and a wifi shield. However, I was wondering if there is a way to see the video/upload code over wifi when I am not connected and if so if there are instructions somewhere for that? I.e. if that was unclear I would like to be able to connect to wifi, unplug the device from my computer (while connected to external battery) and still have it be “connected” to the IDE. Any help is super appreciated!

Abby

Hi, we plan on supporting WiFi programming in the next release (3.1) everything is in place we just need to implement it.

Okay, thanks. Do you know when it will be released?

Abby

We’ve just been focused on the H7 KickStarter. I can write the WiFi programming code after this.

The KickStarter will consume all my time for the next 2 months.

Great, thanks for letting me know. Are there instructions anywhere for how to use the wifi shield and program outside of the IDE? Also, are there any instructions available for how to connect the lepton flir up to the openmv m7 with the breakout board and get it to show on the IDE?

Thanks!

Abby

Our lepton driver is only for the M7. However, you can check the I/O pins in the firmware and recompile to use the SPI/I2C bus on the camera pins. That’s how we debugged things at first. There are no instructions for this however.

As for the WiFi shield for remote programming, this is something we setup a lot of code to do but haven’t finished it yet because we’ve got so much else going on.