Lens capability

I’ve been looking, but can’t seem to find any detailed information about the capabilities of the included lens (M12 4mm).

What is the angle of view, F rating, and minimum object distance for the OpenMV Cam?

I’m asking because for the application I’m working on I need to focus on an object that is very close to the lens (2 inches). Can this be accomplished?

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

I don’t actually know the capabilities of that particular lens because we bought them through a third party. That said, we’ve been specing out a supplier directly and they offer the same type of lens. Anyway, here’s the info I have:

Aperture F2.0
Mount: M12*0.5
Format: 1/2.5"
Angle: 82°

Or its:

Aperture F2.0
Mount: M12*0.5
Format: 1/3"
Angle: 82°

I don’t know if the lens was 1/2.5 or 1/3. Both types of lenses work with our mounts. The only difference is how far the lens has to screw in to focus. So, in general you’re looking at an 82 degree FOV with a F2.0 rating. I don’t know what the minimum distance is.

If you want to be able to focus on a very close object I recommend buying the ultra wide angle lens from our web store. You can put objects right in front of it and they will still be in focus.

Thank you very much for the info!