Video camera decoder question

Hello All,
I am new in this forum so please apologize me if the question is trivial or was already answered before. I am working on the project where I wanted to re-use the camera which is widely used in as i.e rear car camera, or security system when the output is simple analog video signal. I would like to design system which can transfer this signal via WiFi to smartphone or tablet. I have already research a bit and it looks that I can use the device from Analog Devices ADV7280A which allow me to translate the analog video into parallel one. However after this conversion there is still a lot of work so I was looking forward to find something which might be optimal. That is how I have found OpenMV which looks like using the OV2640 or OV7725 image sensor which also is working with parallel interface. I was wonder if you guys see a huge amount of work in order to swap the OV2640/OV7725 to ADV7280A and allow that the OpenMV system can work with any analog cameras? Once I get the video I wanted to stream further over WiFi to smartphone and I hope using tutorials and examples I can get to understand how to do it.

Thank you very much in advance and really appreciate for any answers.

With Best Regards,
Chwast

Hi, if that chip has a standard 8-bit parallel bus with FRME/HSYNC/VSYNC signals and an I2C interface for register access/configuration, then it should be possible to make a module with it. Note we don’t have any time right now to design or support such module, so you’ll be on your own.

Thank you very much for your answer, really appreciate. Can I find the Firmware which I can modified for this purpose in order to make it happen? When I will be done with it I will be more than happy to share the results with OpenMV community. Maybe someone could use it for other applications.

Thank you very much
Chwast

Src is here:

See the wiki for how to build:

Thank you very much

Chwast