Issues with WiFi shield

Hi,

I have the openMV IDE 2.2, openMV H7 board and a WiFi shield ATWINC1500-MR210PB.

I have updated the firmware of the openMV H7 board to the 3.5.0 version (latest version in Nov 2019).

My issue is that

if I try to connect the Wifi shield using the example script “connect.py”, an error message pop up: “Failed to initialize WINC1500 module: Firmware version mistmatch”

The I try to upgrade the WiFi module using “fw_update.py”. The header of the script mentions that
the latest firmware (19.6.1) only works on ATWINC1500-MR210PB thatt is exactly the Wifi shield that I have.
And the script try to update for the latest firmware contained in the binary winc_19_6_1.bin.

When I execute the script another error shows up: “Could not find the file”.

I checked the folder \OpenMV IDE\share\qtcreator\firmware\WINC1500 but the
binary file winc_19_6_1.bin is not found. Only the winc_19_4_4.bin
and the winc_19_5_2.bin files are present.

I have tried to find the file “winc_19_6_1.bin” in the net but I did not succeed.

What can I try next?

Thanks

I’m seeing the same issue.

You can find the latest firmware here: Releases · openmv/openmv · GitHub

Download and unzip and the file is in the WINC1500 directory.

Yes please download the firmware from github, seems to be missing from the release now. Note when you copy the firmware to the uSD card make sure to eject/unmount the SD card before you reset the camera and then run the firmware update script.

Many thanks for your help and commentaries.

I managed to download the correct binary from github, and to perform the firmware update.

Now the wifi shield is working.

; )