Could not start openmvide on raspberry pi

Hi,

I just installed Qt5 and Qtcreator and then downloaded the OpenMV IDE from the website for Raspberripi 3. I followed the procedure provided by the README.txt in the openmv folder but get this error message after I execute the openmvide.sh----

This application failed to start because it could not find or load the Qt platform plugin “xcb”
in “”.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl, offscreen, xcb.

Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.
Aborted

Does anybody have idea for this error. Thank you in advance

max

Hi,

Could you try running the IDE from the terminal ?

Did you run the setup.sh? The xcb plugin backend is installed by that.

Yes. It did. I tried to run on the terminal. I tried to run the executable file and the .sh both and the results are the same.

I did run the setup.sh before I run the executable file. I did install the Qt and Qt creator before I run the setup.sh.

By the way, the OpenMV runs on my Ubuntu computer. That is a great relief for me. But I hope it can be run on Raspberry PI.

Again, Thanks for your help!

Hi, yeah, I can’t reproduce a lot of the issues folks have on the Pi. Are you running raspbian? I’ve run the IDE on the default raspbian image, completely clean, no updates installed. And it works. I understand there are a lot of OSes you can install on the Pi however. I guess I could test the other OSes. That said, my time is really rather limited. I could use help in this regard and knowing what libraries are missing.

I have a similar problem. When executing the setup.sh, it returns : “E: Impossible to get the lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock …”
How could I fix this ?

Hi, that would imply your package manager is broken. In that situation… your operating system is seriously unstable. I would Google that particular error and look for a solution.

I have the problem mentioned above, on raspbian. Things is that raspbian is now “BUSTER”, which version are you using to successfully run the IDE?

I might have located the culprit:

libts-0.0.so.0

is listed as not found when I run

ldd libqxcb.so

from the Qt/plugins/platforms folder of openmvide.
Could you try to run the same ldd libqxcb.so and tell me if you see libts-0.0.s0.0 and where it links to?

The problem is that the corresponding library, libts-0.0-0, is not to be found any more anywhere in debian (let alone raspbian), it seems deprecated; so apt-get install libts-0* fails to find any candidate.

Could you send me your OS image via drop box or something like that? Then I can reproduce it and fix it.