microSD

hi,
I put in a delay after the print in the code I sent you.
I get the same error printout.

raw REPL; CTRL-B to exit

raw REPL; CTRL-B to exit
OK
Traceback (most recent call last): File “”, line 174
SyntaxError: invalid syntax

MicroPython v1.11-omv OpenMV v3.5.0 2019-11-04; OPENMV3-STM32F765
Type “help()” for more information.

Hi, it’s probably then the IDE being unable to send a script over the serial port without error. There’s no fix for this…

Use this script to send the your script to execute instead: micropython/pyboard.py at master · micropython/micropython · GitHub

It implements the REPL protocol to send a script correctly. Open Terminal doesn’t do… all the things… one has to do to make sure a script makes it to the MicroPython board. The above script deals with edge cases that can cause issues.

I forget however, why do you need this again? Because you need to pass some user input?

Hi,
I want use the CAM on a robot without being connected to the USB port on The PC. In other words I want the CAM to run autonomously, like you guys do when your racing in California.
Jim

Tools->Save Script to OpenMV Cam. Then Tools->Reset OpenMV Cam.

Then you can use open terminal to view output after the script is already running. Just don’t hit the send script button.

Yo dude, it works. I love it.

Thanks again
Jim

When you “Save Script to OpenMV Cam” does this mean that the py file no longer needs to be on the SD card?

No, the OpenMV Cam runs it from the sd card or upy flash if there’s no SD card. The script is never hidden.

(If there’s enough user demand and contracting work we could probably implement some time of protection system for the cameras. So far, no-one’s pushed us on that yet).

Hi,
I plugged in my 5 volt power supply to the CAM7 without the USB hooked up. A white light blinked on the CAM7. Is this the only indication that my code is running?
Also, since the IDE is no longer hooked up I can’t get serial output to debug. Can I keep using the USB power and the OPEN TERMINAL so I can still debug the code using print statements?
Thank you very much for your indispensable help.
Jim

You can modify your program to blink an LED.

And yes, the 5V supply is OR’ed with the USB so both can be attached at once.